Details of Sir Tom Finney’s funeral and the route of the cortege have now been confirmed.
There will be a civic funeral for Sir Tom at 1pm on Thursday 27th February at Preston Minster, on Church Street. This will be followed by a private interment service for Sir Tom’s family.
The route for the cortege for the funeral has been confirmed and can be seen on the map below. The description of the route is as follows:
• Start at Preston North End, Deepdale Stadium
• Then along Sir Tom Finney Way and Deepdale Road
• Right on to Ringway
• Then left on to Tithebarn Street, in front of Preston Bus Station
• Right on to Lord Street
• Left on to Lancaster Road. Outside Preston Town Hall, the funeral cortege will be joined by civic representatives of the City of Preston
• Left onto Church Street, arriving at Preston Minster
Further information on approximate timings for the funeral cortege and arrangements for the funeral service, will be published as soon as they are confirmed with the family of Sir Tom Finney and the City Council.
Other than Church Street, all roads will remain open on Thursday 27th February although there will a short delay to traffic as the funeral cortege makes its way from Deepdale to the Minster. Full details of the road closure at Church Street (close to the Minster) will be given in due course.
just click here to visit.
Book of condolences are available to sign at the Town Hall or Harris Museum. You can also sign the online book of condolence on the Sir Tom Finney website, SirTomFinney.Com –