The One And Only matchday programme has this season been finding a bit more about our players with our ’20 Questions’ feature.
We’ll be taking a look at these over the coming weeks and we begin with club captain Tom Clarke, who gives us his responses…
1. What job would you have done if you hadn't been a footballer?
I would have stayed in football, maybe have been a coach.
2. Which club, apart from PNE, do you support?
Aston Villa. My grandad grew up in Aston so I followed the family tradition.
3. Who was your football mentor growing up?
Definitely my mum and dad. The drove me all other the place to play football and I wouldn’t be playing without their support over the years
4. Who was your football hero as a youngster?
For me it has to be my brother, Nathan. I used to watch him when I was a ball boy at Huddersfield Town and always looked up to him.
5. Which manager gave you your league debut?
Peter Jackson at Huddersfield Town.
6. If you think back to one special moment in your career so far, what is it?
It has to be the promotion with PNE at Wembley.
7. Do you go and watch any other clubs/sport?
I try to get down to watch my brother at FC Halifax Town when we don’t have a game.
8. What's your pre-match meal?
Porridge and then chicken and pasta.
9. Do you still get nervous before games and, if so, what do you do to keep calm?
I still get nervous before games, I think it’s good to have a few nerves. There is no better feeling than being in the tunnel ready to go and play.
10. Any team-mates who are particularly stylish?
Most of the lads are just in tracksuits, but I think Scotty Sinclair has stepped it up with his clobber.
11. Who has the best one-liners at PNE?
Gally [Paul Gallagher] is up there and Jayden Stockley is very funny!
12. What's the best thing about being a footballer?
Just been able to do something you love; I never take it for granted.
13. What's the worst thing about being a footballer?
Injuries and losing.
14. What was the last music concert you went to (if any!)?
15. Who do you room with on away trips?
Declan Rudd; he makes great coffees.
16. How does it feel to put on a PNE shirt?
It makes me feel proud to wear the shirt. I’ve been here a long time now and there’s no better feeling.
17. What car do you drive?
18. Which team do you particularly look forward to facing?
I always like playing against Huddersfield, having been there a long time and seeing some familiar faces.
19. Can you do impressions of anyone?
Tom Barkhuizen is the one for impressions!
20. Any superstitions?
My pre-match meal is the same really – it’s been the same for the last 15 years!
We will be hearing from more of the first team squad over the coming days and weeks!