Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

PNE Face Doncaster Rovers In Ultimate Quaran-Team FIFA Tournament

22 March 2020

Preston North End will go head to head with Doncaster Rovers in the first round of the Ultimate Quaran-Team tournament on FIFA20!

PNE enter the world of e-sports for the first time as part of the FIFA20 tournament set up by Leyton Orient to give fans their football fix due to the postponement of all games amid the coronavirus outbreak.

128 teams have entered the tournament with professional football clubs across the globe taking part, and the Lilywhites will be represented by North End fan Jack Mountain throughout the competition!

The round of 128 fixture will kick-off at 7pm tonight as PNE take on Doncaster Rovers and there are plans to stream this live on the club's YouTube channel with further details to come on social media ahead of kick-off! 

All teams in the competition will be altered in to an 85 overall rating to provide a level-playing field for all teams, while the game will constitute of two six minute halves.

The competition, which started out as a bit of fun on social media, is now raising money for three worthy causes with over £50,000 raised already through JustGiving!

Hosts Leyton Orient set up the JustGiving page which is raising money for EFL clubs who are struggling through what is a challenging time for everyone with 75% of donations helping those, with the remaining 25% split between Mind charity and World Heath Organisation's COVID-19 solidarity response fundraiser.

You can donate by clicking here or find out more information on the tournament here.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account