Player Appearance Policy
Preston North End is regularly inundated with requests for player appearances - the club is committed to supporting community events and charities in the region and will facilitate player appearances whenever practically possible.
The Preston North End Community and Education Trust is responsible for arranging and accompanying our first team squad on visits into the community - however, due to the amount of requests we receive for player appearances, we are unable to fulfil all requests.
As a result, please ensure you read our Player Appearance Policy below before submitting your request and maximising your chances of success. Failure to do so will automatically mean your request is denied.
Player Appearance Criteria
- Only requests via letter or email will be considered. Verbal requests will NOT be taken into consideration.
- Four weeks notice is essentially required to facilitate a player request.
- No appearances will be considered on matchdays, 24 hours preceding a match, 24 hours after a game or on team travel days.
- No appearances will be considered while players are on annual leave (from the date of the last game of the season until they return for pre-season training).
- Players will only attend events within a 15-mile radius of Deepdale Stadium and with a maximum duration of one hour.
- Players cannot take part in any activities with risk of injury.
- The event must NOT be centred on the player's attendance and must have a separate purpose.
- If your request is successful, the name of the attending player will be confirmed at least one week prior to the event. We are often unable to confirm names any sooner as changes can occur.
- All player appearances are subject to change. If an event has to be rescheduled and the original player can no longer attend, then an alternative player will be provided where possible. Please be aware that it is possible that due to unforeseen circumstances there is a small possibility that a player or representative from Preston North End my not be able to make the appearance as agreed.
- Contact will be made with the event organiser and a brief prepared regarding the purpose of the appearance to ensure the player is fully aware of his role.
To request a player appearance or to find out more information about our player appearance policy, contact the Preston North End Community and Education Trust via email - firstname.lastname@example.org