Preston North End Community and Education Trust will be holding 'The Big PNE Collection' for the Foxton Centre at all of the club's home matches throughout December.
The community offices will be open at home matches over the festive season where fans can drop off non-perishable food items, clothing, toiletries and toys for donation to the Foxton Centre.
We are asking supporters and members of the general public, where possible, to donate the following items:
- Non-perishable foods: items with long-life storage such as food tins.
- Toiletries, including: razors; soap; toothbrushes; toothpaste; deodorant; flannels; towels; combs and brushes. No sanitary products.
- Clothing – particularly warm and waterproof outer garments, gloves, scarves, hats, new underwear and socks.
- New, unwrapped gifts for children
- Washing powder
Offices will be open until half an hour before kick-off on each matchday with times listed below. We will also be collecting on the New Year’s Day fixture against Middlesbrough.
- Monday 2nd December, West Bromwich Albion: Offices open until 7.15pm.
- Tuesday 10th December, Fulham: Offices open until 7.15pm.
- Saturday 14th December, Luton Town: Offices open from 12.30pm until 2.30pm.
- Sunday 29th December, Reading: Offices open from 12.30pm until 2.30pm.
- Wednesday 1st January, Middlesbrough: Offices open from 12.30pm until 2.30pm.
The Foxton Centre is a charity in Preston which works with vulnerable young people, including the homeless and those dealing with addiction and mental health issues.
The Foxton Centre was the beneficiary of the recent Big PNE Sleep Out which saw more than 300 people sleep overnight at Deepdale in aid of the centre, raising funds in excess of £55,000 so far, which will be used to purchase a house that will provide shelter and work opportunities for the city’s rough sleepers.
Fans can continue to donate to the Sleep Out cause with a £5 text donation by sending ‘PNESLEEPOUT’ to 70085 or by visiting the online appeal page here.