Preston North End Community and Education Trust are recruiting for NCS Team leaders, with multiple roles available, and are looking for passionate individuals who are ready for a demanding role as part of the intensive summer programme.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved with an exciting programme which has tangible results for the young people involved. The roles are demanding and fast-paced, but highly rewarding.
As Team Leader, you will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for the pastoral care for a team of twelve to fifteen participants, ensuring their safety and assisting their personal development throughout the programme.
- Lead by example, getting involved in outdoor and community volunteering activities whilst keeping the group motivated at all times.
- To deal with and manage any difficult, challenging or concerning behaviour, with the support of the NCS Co-Ordinator/Wave Leader.
- Support wave leaders during all phases of delivery, for both daytime and evening activities where needed.
- Initiate and build positive relationships with the young people based on mutual respect and trust.
- Support the work of the staff based at the residential centres and any external guest speakers who deliver on the NCS programme.
- To keep effective records (registers, critical incident forms, any relevant documentation etc) and ensure that appropriate safeguarding, health and safety and other relevant policies are implemented and followed.
- Work as part of a larger team of staff to support the planning and delivery of a social action project.
View the full job description in the links below.
How to apply:
Please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form along with a letter of support. You can find all of the supporting documents required to apply at the bottom of this page.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title Reference ‘PNE 1082’ or post to:
F.A.O Tracy Atkinson,
Preston North End FC,
If successful, applicants will be contacted within 14 days to organise an interview. Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 27th March 2020, however, due to high levels of interest, this post may close early and prompt application is advised.