Preston North End Community and Education Trust is seeking to appoint two part-time, enthusiastic, skilled and dedicated Community Sport Coaches to deliver on our community health and wellbeing initiatives across Preston and the surrounding areas.
PNECET is the official charity and Community Department of Preston North End Football Club. Utilising the power of Preston North End and football, the Trust situates itself at the heart of the Preston community, providing a high-quality service to improve lives of those living in Preston and the surrounding areas.
The main responsibilities of the Community Sports Coches are to support the Trust’s provision across all three strategic strands; Community Engagement, Education and Health and Wellbeing.
The two Community Sports Coaches vacancies are part of the Kickstart scheme. Applicants must be aged between 16 and 24-year-olds and be claiming Universal Credit. Only applicants who are referred by their job coach will be considered for these roles.
The roles are six-month paid work placement roles which aim to give young people the opportunity to build their skills in the workplace while gaining experience to improve their chances of finding long-term work.
Roles and responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities of the Community Sports Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the delivery of a range of PNECET programmes across Community Engagement, Education and Health and Wellbeing, including Premier League Kicks, Walking Football, Soccer Schools, Premier League Primary Stars and Secondary School Provision.
- Work with our Education provision to assist with the delivery of curricular PE and teacher CPD as part of the Premier League Primary Stars programme and support the delivery of sport enrichment as part of the Secondary School Provision.
- Support with the delivery of our Community Engagement programmes including Premier League Kicks, NCS and Every Player Counts to engage hard to reach young people and support them making positive lifestyle choices.
- Support the delivery of our Health provision including Walking Football, PNE Forces and Tackling Loneliness to inspire participants to lead healthier lives.
- Assist on school’s competitions including Kids Cup, Girls Cup, and the Schools’ Finals.
- Ensure all PNECET procedures are correctly adhered by at all times.
Preston North End is one of 65 EFL clubs that has signed up for the government's Kickstart scheme, providing hundreds of jobs for young people.
The Kickstart scheme offers six-month work placement job roles to young people aged 16-24 who are claiming Universal Credit - with the aim to give them the opportunity to build their skills in the workplace while gaining experience to improve their chances of finding long-term work.
Kickstart gives young people the opportunity they need to get their foot on the ladder and a foothold in the world of work.
The scheme targets young people who have been hit especially hard by the Coronavirus pandemic, and Kickstart focuses on giving them the best possible chance of getting a job.
Upon the launch of the Kickstart scheme, PNECET Head of Education Liam Sealey said: "The new Kickstart scheme is another opportunity to support young people into employment by offering opportunities for them to gain meaningful experience and insight into the world of work
"Through the various education programmes we deliver, including our alternative education programme, Preston’s Centre of Sporting Excellence and our degree programme in partnership with the University of South Wales, we aim to provide a platform for all to access and improve educational attainment and employability within our local community.
"The Kickstart scheme will only add to the opportunities available for young people from Preston North End Community and Education Trust. We’re looking forward to bringing young and dynamic individuals to the Trust through the Kickstart initiative, which we are sure will prove to be a mutually beneficial experience."
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates who are referred by their job coach, who are aged between 16 and 24-years-old, and are claiming Universal Credit, will be considered for this role.
All applications must be completed and sent before 5pm on Monday 15th March 2021.
For any further queries regarding the roles, please contact email@example.com.