Preston North End Community and Education Trust will welcome figures from the sports industry to a careers in sport event for young people at Deepdale on Thursday 7th April from 4pm until 7pm.
The event is open to all learners, including those interested in the PNECET Preston Centre of Sporting Excellence programme and the USW Foundation Degree programme delivered in partnership with the EFL Trust and the University of South Wales.
The Preston Centre of Sporting Excellence is the Trust’s official post-16 education programme, delivered in partnership with Preston College, which provides learners aged 16 to 19 with avenues into various areas of work in the sports industry.
Meanwhile, the Foundation Degree programme offers learners the opportunity to study a qualification, that can be topped up to a full BSC Honours degree, which is delivered in partnership with the EFL Trust and the University of South Wales.
Among those in attendance will be first team sports scientist Luke Hemmings, Academy Sports Therapist Jake Atherton and Academy Analyst Finn O’Leary, plus other figures from areas including media, journalism, physiotherapy and more.
Learners wishing to attend the event need to complete an online form, which is available by visiting the following link or by scanning the QR code provided. Register by clicking here.
All those in attendance are listed below.
- Luke Hemmings: Preston North End Sports Science Assistant
- Finn O’Leary: Preston North End Academy Analyst
- Graeme Atkinson: PNECET Higher Education and Recruitment Lead
- Bradley North: PNECET National Citizen Service [NCS] Coordinator
- Ryan Allen: PNECET Rugby League Development Officer
- Jake Atherton: Academy Sports Therapist
- Andy Livingstone: Head of Academy Recruitment and Academy Designated Officer
- Beth Parker and Hannah Sculfor: Academy Physiotherapy / HS Sports Therapy
- Mick O’Flaherty: Psychology Performance Coach, Unsighted Coaching
- Tom Sandells: Lancashire Post, Digital Sports Journalist
Student Jamie Whittle-Emery, enrolled on the USW Foundation Degree programme, will also be on-site to speak to fellow learners about the experiences and opportunities he has gained in Data Analysis through PNECET.